Changelog – See What’s New
- ⭐ New visual editor for posts and comments – easier image uploads, new image rotations, resize and flip functions
- ⚙️️ Card sorting – the moderator can present his/her cards to the respondents.
- ⚙️️ If a page or activity is defined only for a specific group, only relevant respondents appear the list of respondents (live chats, blog, diaries).
- More features coming soon…
- ⚙️️ You can replace the title text ‘Moderator’ and the profile photo in the page title. It can be helpful if you have more moderators in a project or want to display any custom text and icon here.
- ⚙️️ Bulgarian language added for respondents
- ⚙️️ Profile photos can be deleted
- 🐛 Wysiwyg blog editor – old buttons removed
- 🐛 Text-chat: nested HTML messages fixed (when participant used other message)
- 🐛 Just typing… detection in text chats fixed
- 🐛 New user without role (registration from demo) fixed
- ⭐ Left activity menu – activities can be organized into sections and the menu moved to the left side of the dashboard
- ⚙️️ New comments are highlighted for moderators in the bulletin board module
- ⚙️️ Mobile responsivity improvements
- ⚙️️ Security improvements
- ⚙️️ Server upgrade for better performance
- ⚙️️ Diary/blog posts can be commented even in the draft/autosave status
- ⚙️️ New submissions / all submissions are displayed in the left diary/blog panel
- ⚙️️ Email server changed to AWS SES for better email deliverability
- ⚙️️ Sections and page order – added to the project duplication sequence
- ⚙️️ Empty sections can be hidden/displayed programmatically, based on their content
- ⚙️️ New TLD domains supported in emails
- 🐛 Text chat: copying items from the guide to the chat field fixed.
- 🤣 Emojis are here – in live chats, bulletin boards, diaries, and even comments! 🔥
- ⚙️️ Page status – we split the page status (active, closed, auto-activation, etc.) and page visibility (display, hide, etc.) in menus into two separate attributes to better control both properties and make them more comprehensible.
- ⚙️️ Sections – a new grouping element that will help better structure your activities in the future. It’s a prerequisity for new coming Collabito features.
- ⚙️️ Activity overview – a new table shows who entered/completed/commented each page of the study.
- ⚙️️ Further video bandwidth optimizations
- ⚙️️ Security audit performed – vulnerability assessment and penetration tests.
- 🐛 Video page: a message in the Client<>Moderator chat cleared the whiteboard images in some cases. Fixed.
- ⭐ Card sorting – a new activity in the live chat whiteboard added.
- ⚙️️ List of projects is sorted by the last activity of the moderators and admins now. We also added a new column with start date and time in the Project page and possibility to filter projects by modules used (text chat, diaries, polls etc.).
- ⚙️️ Table of respondents – updated design and functionality, new columns with avatars and notes.
- ⚙️️ Whiteboard – auto-refresh added to the moderator’s panel to see new image drawings without clicking the refresh button.
- ⚙️️ Discussions – if somebody submits a new comment at the top of a longer discussion, his browser will focus/skip to the new added comment on the page bottom.
- ⚙️️ Live chat, video chat – if the moderator posts a link to the text chat, the system will automatically convert it into an active link. When respondents click the link, the target page opens in a new window.
- ⚙️️ Project settings – you can choose if respondents are allowed to change their name and display name in their profile or not.
- ⚙️️ Emails – you can add new recipients to the past email campaign so you don’t need to create new campaign for newly added respondents.
- ⚙️️ Lists of respondents are sorted alphabetically by name in the blog side bar, moderator’s middle chat panel and email campaign setup for better clarity.
- ⚙️️ Profile image preview added in the My Account section.
- ⚙️️ A new login with different password logs out the previous user to avoid conflicts with different users.
- 🐛 Text-chat page setup: Export moderator’s guide – in some cases the export reported an error “Media ID”. Fixed.
- 🐛 Text-chat export: Moderator – client communication can be exported separately from Moderator – respondents communication.
- ⚙️️ Minor security and UX improvements
- ⚙️️ Discussions – comments by the moderator are highlighted
- 🐛 Video meetings – in some rare cases, users (clients+observers) with Chrome could not hear audio from Firefox moderators, or were not recovering properly after temporarily having network issues (tokbox).
- 🐛 Several respondents couldn’t log in after the password changed. Fixed.
- ⚙️️ A few minor UX tweaks.
- ⚙️️ Whiteboard zoom – respondents can click the zoom icon to display the whiteboard in a lightbox over the whole page (video module)
- ⚙️️ New languages (for respondents): Portuguese, Croatian, Slovenian
- ⚙️️ Video meetings – voice indicator added (displayed when somebody speaks)
- ⚙️️ Project overview – only respondent activities displayed, events of other roles removed (moderators, clients, visitors)
- ⚙️️ Export – default image size increased in DOCX export, fixed error connected with external images pasted to blog posts
- ⚙️️ Respondent logout time due to inactivity was prolonged from 1 hour to 6 hours
- 🐛 Video module – a random nickname appeared below the video in the client/visitor panel – removed
- 🐛 Emails – some public mail services attach additional parameters to invitation links that cause errors after saving posts – solved
- 🐛 Diaries – a rare conflict between the auto-save function and manual save in the second window solved
- ⭐ Video meetings added – public beta tests
- ⚙️️ A few mobile responsivity tweaks
- 🐛 Comments not included in export if the blog module was changed to a text page – solved
- ⚙️️ List of respondents – added icons to copy respondents’ URLs
- ⚙️️ Several prerequisites for the upcoming video-based focus group module
- ⚙️️ Page setup: polls added to conditions in the auto-activation mode
- ⚙️️ Email invitations: more adjustments for antispam filters
- 🐛 Comment block in discussion boards – the green Replay button is not displayed if the comments are disabled in the page settings.
- 🐛 Solved (rare) random logouts
- 💄 Several UX improvements & help
- ⭐ Ukrainian translation (for respondents)
- ⚙️️ Security improvements
- ⚙️️ Export improvements (.docx)
- ⚙️️ Whiteboard events added to the export
- ⚙️️ Chat: popup images – a link icon is displayed in the text chat
- ⚙️️ New icons in the Visual editor – add YouTube video or upload your video file to the discussion board.
- ⚙️️ All external links in blog posts and discussions are opened in a new window – the system automatically appends the parameter “target=_blank” for this purpose.
- 🐛 Surveys: the validation script was fixed – multiple checkbox questions on one page displayed empty field errors in some wrong cases
- ⚙️️ Chat: the “Just typing…” function added for Android users too
- ⚙️️ Export: you can aggregate the export by respondents too
- 🐛 Project setup: fixed calendar icon and language
- ⭐ Chat: the “Just typing…” notification added
- ⚙️️ Chat: you can add “Clear whiteboard” instruction to the moderator’s guide now
- ⚙️️ Emailing module: you can change email fonts and add images
- ⚙️️ Responsive design: menu bar optimizations
- ⚙️️ Responsive design: Discussions below blog posts – images uploaded by respondents are better displayed on smartphones
- ⚙️️ Responsive design: layout optimization, double scrollbars removed, hidden buttons fixed on smartphones
- ⚙️️ Administration: pop-ups are opened to a new separate windows
- Translations: Dutch language added
- Translations: added new languages: French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Russian.
- An auto-save function added to blog modules. It is performed every minute to prevent data loss if a respondent leaves the browser for a while and the session times out.
- Moderators can see the post drafts and auto-saves (respondents sometimes forget to publish their posts).
- Redesign – new look & feel and UX of both respondents’ and moderator’s panels.
- Better responsibility for different desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Page logic – Respondents come to the page with the Active: Entrance status but continue with the current page after refresh to make the page workflow more comprehensible.
- Chat (Moderator) – Running time added to the Silent mode button to remind moderators that the silent mode is on.
- Project Overview – added the status switch (new/active/closed) and time+date info.
- Added stars to each post and comment so the moderator can mark important or interesting content.
- Export – new filters added.
- Whiteboard (Moderator) – pictures/videos are submitted using the Send button, not automatically to prevent unwanted onChange actions.
- Chat (Moderator): Moderator’s guide can be downloaded as a word file. This helps moderators quickly change it and upload to another project.
- Chat (Moderator): All project respondents are displayed in the middle column, not only those who logged in. Inactive participants are grey.
- Many other minor changes and improvements
- Chat: drawing on images – if you check the drawing option in the Media & Files section, respondents will be able to draw on the images displayed at the whiteboard. They can use the red or green pencil or delete the drawings and start again.
- Several minor bug fixes.